Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summertime!

Summertime is a great time to spend in your basement. Really, though, when it's 30 degrees (86 for you Fahrenheit folks) a cold basement is a pretty sweet place to be. Even if you are covered in drywall dust.

School ended on June 27th, and after a lovely 4 day weekend with my family, I put on my gloves, broke out my exacto knife and drywalling square, and finished drywalling the basement in preparation for Matt from Southern Thunder Renos to come and mud, tape and seal. This is the one part of the reno that I am paying someone to do -- sanding mud and my patience level are not compatible. 

An exterior wall in what will be a bedroom. Closet to the left.

Wait, where did the window go?

That's better!

It wasn't all fun and games. This roof of the stairwell made me practice my geometry skills!
But, it is all done now. More posts to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article. I am facing many of these issues
    as well..

    ReplyDelete

Search the Handyman's Dream